Since I started out in print in 1988 things have certainly changed for the large format print buyer.
Back then if you needed large graphics printed for POS, signage or an exhibition you would almost certainly have gone to a silk screen printer.
The way they managed to make such large prints was to take much smaller photographic films and enlarge them using a very large camera (about the size of a small car) onto much larger films to make silk screens. These in turn were used to print onto a wide selection of materials.
Producing large format print back then was much slower and very expensive.
Of course these methods are still used today for some large format work, the vast majority of this type of work is now produced using wide format digital print machines like the ones we have at RGL Displays.
Although things have progressed since 1988 the market has unfortunately been swamped with hundreds of companies and individuals on the internet selling this type of print and now you need to be really careful when ordering that you are buying through a reliable source.
The questions that I would ask are:
1. Is this company available when I need them ?
2. Do they have the knowledge of high end printing ?
3. Do they answer my emails and phone calls quickly ?
4. Can they help me meet my deadlines when my clients are pushing me for a delivery ?
5. Do they produce good quality work ?
6. Are they polite and do they appreciate my business ?
7. Are they fully insured ?
8. Do they have a good selection of items in stock ?
9. Can they deliver all over the UK and most parts of Europe ?
10. Are their prices competitive ?
If the answer to any of these questions is NO then maybe you should contact us to see how we can help you and your company when ordering large format print and exhibition stands.
RGL Displays Ltd.